Usernames and passwords are needed if accessing these databases from home. (See your printed Database Pathfinder or Student Agenda (assignment pad) or ask Media Center staff for username/password information.)
Articles from these databases can be printed out, saved on your personal drive (My Documents) or a flash drive, or e-mailed home.
World Book Online
World Book: (Reference articles)
- SELECT DATABASE: Select World Book Student.
- KEYWORDS: Type your keywords in the search box. Click Search.
- ARTICLE TYPE: Click on Encyclopedia Articles on left of screen. Browse article titles for your topic.
- CITATION INFORMATION: At bottom of article in this format: Author Name. “Title of Article”. Database Name. Database Company, Publication date. Web. Today’s date.
- EMAIL/SAVE: Tools box at top of article: Email article home or Save on USB/H drive.
(Reference and news/magazine articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Click on the database Kids Search or Student Research Center.
- KEYWORDS: Type your keywords in the Find box. Click Search.
- SORT: Select Relevance if you have many articles.
- FILTER ARTICLE RESULTS: Select a tab to choose type of articles to view: ( Magazine, Newspaper, Reference)
- NARROW ARTICLE RESULTS: By Subject - Choose a related subject for your topic.
- CITATION INFO: At top of article in “Author”, “Title”, “Source” fields.
- EMAIL/SAVE/PRINT: EMAIL an article home using your personal email address or SAVE to your personal (H) drive or PRINT article if at home.
WAMS Research Guide
Use this guide to help you with your research skills and tools.