GALE Virtual Reference Library eBooks
A collection of Reference eBooks, searchable and printable from school or home.
Excellent resource for researching ecosystems and endangered species!
There are 2 editions of the Endangered Species eBooks - 2004 and 2016. Use the 2016 for up to date information and the 2004 to collect statistics and information to identify trends in population and conservation efforts over the last 12 years.
Click the link above.
- Search all eBooks using the Search box at top of page.
- Click on book cover to search specific eBook.
- Citation information is at the top of chapter/section.
Cavendish Square databases
(ORIGINAL CONTENT articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Many databases – all can be searched at once from the top green search box, or select specific database.
- KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the Search box.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Click on article title to view. Articles have several sections. Click on section links in left navigation box.
- CITATION INFO: Can be found at the bottom of every section of an article or by clicking Cite This button at top of screen. It is in correct MLA format.
- EMAIL: Click Email button at top of page – this will only send a link to the article, not the text. You will have to enter the username/password at home when clicking the link in the email.
- SAVE: Click on Print at top of page, select option you want (section, full article), then copy/paste to WORD document and save the file. Make sure to include the citation information at the bottom of the article.
Science in Context
Science in Context: (Reference eBooks, Reference, Magazines, Newspapers)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Click Science in Context link. Click Proceed
- KEYWORDS: Type in your keywords in search box at top of screen.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Choose from the different types of articles - Reference, Magazine, News. Also can get Images and Videos.
- SAVE ARTICLE: Log into Google at top of screen (@bernardsboe.com) Click Menu icon in top right. Select DOWNLOAD and Save to Google Drive. Article will be created in a folder in your Google Drive called "Science in Context."
- CITATION: At top of article or in MLA format at bottom of article.
(NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, REFERENCE, GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT articles)
- KEYWORDS: Type in your keywords. Search on Subject headings if you’re not sure about your keyword terms.
- Default is Sort by Relevance – reorders list so articles most closely related to keywords are at top.
CHOOSE ARTICLE/TYPE: Browse the article results list. Click on a Tab at top of screen to select Type of article results.
CITATION INFO: To find citation info, click on Source and Summary at top of article screen.
EMAIL/SAVE: Email box at top of article, type in your email address; Copy/paste article text into WORD doc to save.)
World Book Online
(GENERAL articles - ORIGINAL CONTENT)
KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the search box.
CHOOSE ARTICLE: Usually the article whose title matches your topic has the best information.
- EMAIL/SAVE: Click Gear icon at top right of article to email/save/download your article.
- CITATION INFO: At the bottom of the article.
Message from Mrs. Goetjen
A message from Mrs. Goetjen about your project.
Username/passwords needed to access these databases from HOME can be found in:
- Student assignment pad
- or ask Media Center staff