GALE Virtual Reference Library eBook Database
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBooks
EXCELLENT resource for researching ecosystems and endangered species!
Click the link above.
- Search all eBooks using the Search box at top of page.
- Click on book cover to search specific eBook.
- Citation information is at the top of chapter/section.
- Environmental Science: In Context
- 2 editions of Endangered Species - 2004 and 2016.
- Use 2016 for current information and statistics
- Use 2004 to find older statistics and information to identify trends in population and conservation efforts over the last 12 years.
Science in Context
Science in Context: ( Reference articles, Magazines, Newspapers, some Reference eBooks)
- Click link above.
- KEYWORDS ---->
- Headings ---> top of white boxes show types of ARTICLES or VIDEOS or IMAGES.
- Save article to Google Drive: Select DOWNLOAD and Save to Google Drive.
- Article will be saved as Google Doc in a folder called "Science in Context."
- CITATION: At top of article or in MLA format at bottom of article.
Cavendish Square databases
(ORIGINAL CONTENT articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Many databases – all can be searched at once from the top green search box, or select specific database.
- KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the Search box - Food Webs, Ecosystems, or the particular name of your ecosystem are all good choices.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Click on article title to view. Articles have several sections. Click on section links in left navigation box.
- CITATION INFO: Can be found at the bottom of every section of an article or by clicking Cite This button at top of screen. It is in correct MLA format.
- EMAIL: Click Email button at top of page – this will only send a link to the article, not the text. You will have to enter the username/password at home when clicking the link in the email.
- SAVE: Click on Print at top of page, select option you want (section, full article), then copy/paste to WORD document and save the file. Make sure to include the citation information at the bottom of the article.
(NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, REFERENCE, GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT articles)
- KEYWORDS: Type in your keywords. Search on Subject headings if you’re not sure about your keyword terms.
- NOTE: Great Food Web info - type in keywords "studying food webs"
- Default is Sort by Relevance – reorders list so articles most closely related to keywords are at top.
CHOOSE ARTICLE/TYPE: Browse the article results list. Click on a Tab at top of screen to select Type of article results.
CITATION INFO: To find citation info, click on Source and Summary at top of article screen.
EMAIL/SAVE: Email box at top of article, type in your email address; Copy/paste article text into WORD doc to save.)
World Book Online
(GENERAL articles - ORIGINAL CONTENT)
KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the search box.
CHOOSE ARTICLE: Usually the article whose title matches your topic has the best information.
- EMAIL/SAVE: Click Gear icon at top right of article to email/save/download your article.
- CITATION INFO: At the bottom of the article.
Message from Mrs. Goetjen
A message from Mrs. Goetjen about your project.
Username/passwords needed to access these databases from HOME can be found in:
- Student assignment pad
- or ask Media Center staff