Directions For This Cafe Station:
This station will focus on the Jersey Shore. Please be sure to follow all directions in the order they appear on this sheet.
The Jersey Shore has been a favorite vacation destination for many years. The book Dunk by David Lubar takes place during a summer on the Jersey shore. Throughout the novel Chad and Jason walk, from their homes a few blocks away, up to the boardwalk to experience the games, food and fun the boardwalk has to offer.
Work in groups of 3 and follow these directions to get to the Dunk Literary Café resource web page to learn more about the history of the Jersey Shore.
1. On the iPad mini, open up Safari. Click the open book icon (Bookmarks).
2. Click the link labeled Jersey Shore.
3. Read the article about the history of the Jersey Shore to learn about the history of the boardwalk.
4. At the bottom of this worksheet, please write two interesting facts that you found in the reading.
5. Watch the video “A Day at the Jersey Shore.”
6. Using the postcards on the table, compose a postcard describing the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the Jersey shore. You may also include information you learned from the article.
7. If you still have time left, please decorate your postcard with the materials on the table.
Click this link to read the article from The Morning Call titled: "New Jersey Boardwalks: Walking Historic Planks."
Watch this video and focus on the sights and sounds of the New Jersey Shore.