Usernames and passwords are needed if accessing these databases from home. (See your printed Database Pathfinder or Student Agenda (assignment pad) or ask Media Center staff for username/password information.)
Articles from these databases can be printed out, saved on your personal drive (My Documents) or a flash drive, or e-mailed home.
Research in Context
Research in Context (Reference, newspaper, magazine articles, audio, images)
- see page 21/22 of your student agenda for username/password if needed
SIRS Discoverer: (Reference and news/magazine articles)
- SORT: Leave Sort by Relevance (the default) selected.
- KEYWORDS: Select Keyword/Natural Language and enter your keywords.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Browse article Titles and Summaries to choose a good article on your topic.
- CITATION INFO: Get citation information by clicking Source & Summary at the top of the screen.
- EMAIL/SAVE: Type your EMAIL address in box at top of article and click the Send Email button to send home. You must copy/paste text to a WORD doc to SAVE or PRINT an article.
World Book Online
World Book: (Reference articles)
- SELECT DATABASE: Select World Book Student.
- KEYWORDS: Type your keywords in the search box. Click Search.
- ARTICLE TYPE: Click on Encyclopedia Articles on left of screen. Browse article titles for your topic.
- CITATION INFORMATION: At bottom of article in this format: Author Name. “Title of Article”. Database Name. Database Company, Publication date. Web. Today’s date.
- EMAIL/SAVE: Tools box at top of article: Email article home or Save on USB/H drive.
WAMS Research Guide
Use this guide to help you with your research skills and tools.