Usernames and passwords are needed if accessing these databases from home. (See your printed Database Pathfinder or Student Agenda (assignment pad) or ask Media Center staff for username/password information.)
Articles from these databases can be printed out, saved on your personal drive (My Documents) or a flash drive, or e-mailed home.
Research in Context
(NEWSPAPER,MAGAZINE, JOURNAL, REFERENCE articles, IMAGES, PODCASTS)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Click link above.
- KEYWORDS: Type in keywords related to your topic. Press magnifying glass.
- NARROW RESULTS: Use tools on right of screen to select:
- CHOOSE ARTICLE TYPE: Click on Reference, News, Images, etc. to choose that type of article to view. Make sure any article you view is NOT a Book Review.
- SAVE/EMAIL//DOWNLOAD: Can save article to Google Drive:
In Tools box, click DOWNLOAD, Save to Google Drive and Download. Sign in with Google and use your @bernardsboe.com username/password
- Your article will be saved in a Google Doc in My Drive in a folder called Research in Context.
- CITATION INFO: At top of article - see Author, Title, Source fields.
WAMS Research Guide
Use this guide to help you with your research skills and tools.
These videos are best viewed in the Chrome browser (even on Mac laptops!) If you have difficulty viewing any of these videos, try another browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer.