Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBook Database
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBooks
Database of reference eBooks on a variety of topics including Science, History, Environment, Technology, Hot Topics, Biography, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, Multi-Cultural Studies, Literature, Religion, Nation and World.
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBooks
Collection of Reference eBooks - great resource for any topic!
Click the link above.
- SEARCH: all eBooks using the Search box at top of page
*OR Click on book cover to search specific eBook.
- Citation information is at the top of chapter/section.
Cavendish Square databases
Cavendish Square Digital Databases
(ORIGINAL CONTENT articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Many databases – all can be searched at once from the top green search box, or select specific database.
- KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the Search box.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Click on article title to view. Articles have several sections. Click on section links in left navigation box.
- CITATION INFO: Can be found at the bottom of every section of an article or by clicking Cite This button at top of screen. It is in correct MLA format.
- EMAIL: Click Email button at top of page – this will only send a link to the article, not the text. You will have to enter the username/password at home when clicking the link in the email.
- SAVE: Click on Print at top of page, select option you want (section, full article), then copy/paste to WORD document and save the file. Make sure to include the citation information at the bottom of the article.
EBSCO Student Research Center, Kids Search or Points of View
(NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, JOURNAL, REFERENCE articles)
- Click on Student Research Center or Kids Search or Points of View database links.
- GET COMPLETE ARTICLES: Halfway down the main screen, select Full-text.
- KEYWORDS: In the Find box, type in keywords. Click Go.
- SORT: In the Sort by window choose Relevance meaning the articles more closely related to your keywords will move to the top of the results list.
- SUBJECT HEADINGS: In left column Narrow Results by, click on Subject to see several subject headings for articles. Select one or more of these subject headings to narrow your article results.
- ARTICLE TYPES: Click on a tab at top of screen to choose the type of articles you wish to browse (News, Mags, Books/EncyclopeReference, Photos...)
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Click the title of an article to read it. Make sure you selected Full-text earlier. Read the Abstract – summary- of the article. It can help you eliminate articles that are not useful.
- If you find a very good article, also click on the box “Find More Like This” to locate articles with the same subject headings (they may be good articles as well!)
- CITATION INFO: At the top of the article in the Author, Title and Source fields
- EMAIL/SAVE: Click EMAIL or SAVE buttons at top right of screen.
For PDFs, click Save and then use the PDF save menu button.
For HTML, click Save, then Save again and when a copy is displayed, click Internet Explorer Page button, then Save As to save to your H or USB drive. For Chrome, right click on screen and select Save As.
Infobase Learning - Facts on File
Facts on File
(REFERENCE and some NEWSPAPER articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE:Contains databases on specific subjects – must be searched individually.Try Science Online, American History Online or Modern History Online.
- KEYWORDS: Type in keywords related to your scenario. Use your video guide sheet.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Use Tabs at top of screen to select Type of articles and browse those results to choose a useful article. You can also browse other related topic links to the right of the selected article text.
- CITATION INFO: At bottom of article (Not in MLA format.)
- EMAIL/SAVE/PRINT: Use Email/Save and Print buttons in PageTools box on right side of screen.
World Book Online
World Book Student
(GENERAL articles - ORIGINAL CONTENT)
- EMAIL/SAVE: Save or email articles using links in Tools box at top of screen.
- CITATION INFO: At the bottom of the article.
(NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, REFERENCE, GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT articles)
- KEYWORDS: Type in your keywords. Search on Subject headings if you’re not sure about your keyword terms.
- Default is Sort by Relevance – reorders list so articles most closely related to keywords are at top.
CHOOSE ARTICLE/TYPE: Browse the article results list. Click on a Tab at top of screen to select Type of article results.
CITATION INFO: To find citation info, click on Source and Summary at top of article screen.
EMAIL/SAVE: Email box at top of article, type in your email address; Copy/paste article text into WORD doc to save.)
Message from Mrs. Goetjen
A message from Mrs. Goetjen about your project.
Username/passwords needed to access these databases from HOME can be found in:
- your printed Database Pathfinder
- student assignment pad
- or ask Media Center staff
NoodleTools Resource Guide
Link to NoodleTools resource guide page with tips on using NoodleTools to enter citations and create a Works Cited page.
Differences Between Databases and Web Sites
Strategies for Choosing Keywords
Database Features - Review