Google Classroom is a cloud-based blended learning platform for teachers and students that is part of Google Apps For Education (GAFE). With Classroom, teachers can create, share feedback and grade assignments, and students can complete and share assignments and respond to teacher posted questions. See the videos and Resource links for information and tutorials on using Google Classroom. Access Google Classroom at classroom.google.com.
Google Apps for Education is a set of cloud-based Google tools that support creating and collaborating with others to share information and content anywhere, anytime. There are several tools you can use:
Google Drive Google Docs Google Slides
Google Sheets Google Forms Google Drawing
These tools can be used from a web-based browser (Chrome is the preferred browser to use with Google Apps) OR on a mobile device using apps with the same names as above. The apps are available from Apple App Store or Google Play.
The benefit of using these Google Apps tools is that you and a friend can each be in your own home, and edit the same Google file at the same time and SEE EACH OTHER'S CHANGES AS THEY ARE BEING MADE! It's a great way to collaborate and work on group projects!
LOGGING INTO GOOGLE APPS - @bernardsboe.com:
1. Click the Google Apps link in the Useful Resources box to the right OR on a new tab in the Chrome browser, click the colored Apps square in the top right of the screen or the gray Apps square in the top right and select Google Drive.
2. In the top left corner of the screen, type in your Google Apps username - FirstNameLastName@bernardsboe.com
Password = Student ID.
3. UNCHECK the Keep Me Logged In box if you are on a public computer and log in.
3. If this is the first time logging in, you will be asked to accept the Policies statement - click I Accept.
4. You are now on the Google Drive screen.