Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBook Database
GVRL REFERENCE EBOOKS This link opens in a new window
Database of reference eBooks on a variety of topics including Science, History, Environment, Technology, Hot Topics, Biography, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, Multi-Cultural Studies, Literature, Religion, Nation and World.
GALE Virtual Reference Library eBooks
EXCELLENT resource for researching ecosystems and endangered species!
Click the link above.
- Search all eBooks using the Search box at top of page.
- Click on book cover to search specific eBook.
- Citation information is at the top of chapter/section.
- Environmental Science: In Context
- 2 editions of Endangered Species - 2004 and 2016.
- Use 2016 for current information and statistics
- Use 2004 to find older statistics and information to identify trends in population and conservation efforts over the last 12 years.
Science in Context
Science in Context: ( Reference articles, Magazines, Newspapers, some Reference eBooks)
- Click link above.
- KEYWORDS ---->
- Headings ---> top of white boxes show types of ARTICLES or VIDEOS or IMAGES.
- Save article to Google Drive: Select DOWNLOAD and Save to Google Drive.
- Article will be saved as Google Doc in a folder called "Science in Context."
- CITATION: At top of article or in MLA format at bottom of article.
Cavendish Square databases
Cavendish Square Digital Databases
(ORIGINAL CONTENT articles)
- CHOOSE DATABASE: Many databases – all can be searched at once from the top green search box, or select specific database.
- KEYWORDS: Type keywords in the Search box - Food Webs, Ecosystems, or the particular name of your ecosystem are all good choices.
- CHOOSE ARTICLE: Click on article title to view. Articles have several sections. Click on section links in left navigation box.
- CITATION INFO: Can be found at the bottom of every section of an article or by clicking Cite This button at top of screen. It is in correct MLA format.
- EMAIL: Click Email button at top of page – this will only send a link to the article, not the text. You will have to enter the username/password at home when clicking the link in the email.
- SAVE: Click on Print at top of page, select option you want (section, full article), then copy/paste to WORD document and save the file. Make sure to include the citation information at the bottom of the article.
(NEWSPAPER, MAGAZINE, REFERENCE, GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT articles)
- KEYWORDS: Type in your keywords. Search on Subject headings if you’re not sure about your keyword terms.
- NOTE: Great Food Web info - type in keywords "studying food webs"
- Default is Sort by Relevance – reorders list so articles most closely related to keywords are at top.
CHOOSE ARTICLE/TYPE: Browse the article results list. Click on a Tab at top of screen to select Type of article results.
CITATION INFO: To find citation info, click on Source and Summary at top of article screen.
EMAIL/SAVE: Email box at top of article, type in your email address; Copy/paste article text into WORD doc to save.)
Message from Mrs. Goetjen
A message from Mrs. Goetjen about your project.
Username/passwords needed to access these databases from HOME can be found in:
- Student assignment pad
- or ask Media Center staff
NoodleTools Resource Guide
Link to NoodleTools resource guide page with tips on using NoodleTools to enter citations and create a Works Cited page.
Strategies for Choosing Keywords